The New Orleans Martinet Legal Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”) was established in 1999 as the charitable, 501(c)(3) arm of the Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society, Inc.
The 2017-2018 officers of the Foundation are:
Ashley Heilprin, President
Cory Vidal, President-Elect
Will Snowden, Vice-President
April Davenport, Secretary
Camille Bryant, Treasurer
The goals of the Foundation are:
1. To endow the future of the Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society, Inc.;
2. To support deserving law students and law student programs, which enhance the quality of legal education;
3. To support public forums where lecture, discussion, and debates of legal subjects of public interest are presented to the general public;
4. To finance in whole or in part litigation that is of significant public interest;
5. To publish scholarly writings on legal subjects to disseminate to the general public;
6. To promote through scholarship and other media, the history and works of individuals who have furthered justice and equality in the African-American community; and
7. To improve the administration of justice and promote high ethical standards for lawyers and judges.
Each year, the Foundation sponsors the Annual Scholarship Gala, which raises funds for law student scholarships.
For more information, please view the Foundation’s by-laws.